Monday, January 9, 2012

Ours Music Video: Thoughts And Opinions



I was really excited when I heard that ours was to be Taylor's next single. I really thought it was a clever move to promote the extended version of "Speak Now". I was also excited to see the music video because I knew that SO much could be done with the song, as it truly is an amazing song. I'm not just saying that as a Taylor fan. The song is understated, done pretty much with a guitar and some layered vocals. I loved that! I thought it was a great change from slightly over produced (but still great) songs like "Back To December" and "Sparks Fly" as single choices. I thought that the video could have been more bright, and more colourful but it was quite dull and ordinary. I actually got bored in this video, and that never happens for me when watching Taylor music videos. 

I thought that the music video was a bit like the song, understated. But also that it wasn't memorable and that it didn't stand out. I think this is part of the reason that "Ours" didn't make it into the top ten. A lot of songs get into the top ten when they have really kick ass music videos. I think that in itself is  reflection on the video and it's success. 

One thing I like about Ours being a single is that it exposed people to other B-Sides from Speak Now. Such as "If this was a movie" which peaked higher than Ours did- without a music video!! I thought that was absolutely GREAT. I was so happy, because If This Was A Movie really is a great song and one of my favourites off of Speak Now. I think that the fans have shown their love for the song and the next step for Taylor would be to perform it live. She has a leg of the Speak Now World Tour coming up in Australia and I'm hoping that she'll give it a try there. 

Let me know what you thought of this music video. Good? Bad? Great? Forgettable? 
I want to hear from YOU!

5 comments:

  1. i love this video i watched it on E! the very first day.lovely post btw..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really cant say which of her songs are best..thats the magic of taylors songs..u can never get tired of it:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree! I love all of her songs (: thanks so much for reading my post! I hope you continue to comment on future posts of mine and follow me on blogger! much love, swiftanatics xoxo

      Delete
  3. ok.have followed u in blogger.al da best.keep bloggin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats great thanks alot! new post up..go have a look (:

      Delete