Friday, January 13, 2012

FUTURE Singles Off Speak Now I Would Like, And Hopes For GRAMMY Performance!


There have already been six singles from Speak Now, which is truly an amazing (although not surprising) achievement for our dear Taylor. Most albums get a good run of about 3-4 singles, but Taylor has carried this album for over a year and has sustained it's momentum by releasing truly great songs as singles. All of her singles tend to peak well and generally appear within the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100. The singles so far have been: Mine, Back To December, Mean, The Story Of Us, Sparks Fly, and Ours. 

I think that Taylor has been relatively good with choosing her singles for Speak Now, but often chooses great songs and under promotes them. This is not entirely her fault though as she has been on tour when other artists wait to go on tour until they have released every single. One thing to admire here is Taylor's extreme work ethic. She loves her fans and works hard for them! But her singles do tend to suffer. The one "forgotten about" single to me was The Story Of Us. It didn't peak particularly well or have an amazing music video which didn't help either. 

I also think it's great that Taylor chose to use Ours as a single, to give her fans satisfaction and letting them know that she doesn't just disregard tracks because they weren't originally on the album. I towuld be great to see another bonus song get a music video and radio promotion. In my own selfish way, I would love to have If This Was A Movie as a single. It's an amazing song with a great and catchy hook. But the thing with If This Was A Movie is that it's already peaked at number 10 on the billboard hot 100! Higher than Ours did- and it wasn't even a single! So it's probably unlikely that she'll release it. 

What I DO think is likely, is Enchanted being released as a single. She used Enchanted as the song for her commercial of her fragrance "Wonderstruck". I would definitely LOVE to see the commercial continued into an Enchanted music video which it has all the potential to do. It would also be interesting to see whether Enchanted will do commercially well within the US as the market is pretty much dance and techno music at the moment. It could do exceedingly well, or not chart particularly high at all. It's got a great chorus but the build up is slow and I wouldn't expect non Taylor fans to stick around and hear if it gets better.



Moving on to Taylor's upcoming Grammy performance!

Taylor recently just confirmed that she will be performing at this years Grammy awards! I cannot translate into words how INCREDIBLY excited I am! Taylor Swift has previously performed at the Grammy's and I wouldn't say her performances were anything AMAZING, they were great but they didn't have that certain WOW factor. Which is why I think Taylor really needs to step up her game this year! 

I think it is quite probable that she might do an understated version of Safe and Sound with the Civil Wars, which personally I feel indifferent about. I have no strong opinions on whether she does the song or not- but I hope she does something more elaborate! I would love to hear a mashup of all (or nearly all) of her singles from Speak Now, some sort of Medley with lights and pyrotechnics and instrument changes! I think the fans would love that and so would the crowd. 

There is a possibility that she might perform Ours, but it already had it's time at an awards show this year so I don't think it'll really happen and if it does I will probably be a bit upset seeing as how it received so much promotion. 

Well that's it for todays post! Leave me a comment, what do you want Taylors next single to be? How about her Grammy performance? Any opinions? I want to hear from YOU! 

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Love your writing style. I followed, check out my taylor blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot! :) I have it's really good- followed! I hope you keep reading/commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hello!I just found out about your blog and I LOVE it:)Actually,I'm a swiftie too!!!Hehe...And I also created a swiftie blog?Mind to check it out???
    http://i-heart-tayswift13.blogspot.com/
    THX!
    xxxStay Fearlessxxx

    ReplyDelete