Sunday, January 22, 2012

Safe And Sound: Thoughts And Opinions



"Safe And Sound" By Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars was announced via twitter on the 23rd of December. I was so excited when I initially saw the link and couldn't WAIT to listen to it. When I did listen to it, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it could be something along the lines of Decode by Paramore, but I was completely shocked when I heard the song.

It has this vibe to it, that is really different from any of Taylor's already published songs. It kind of reminded me of a stripped down version of "Innocent" from her 2010 album "Speak Now". I love the sound and the new direction Taylor approached with Safe and Sound, something really only done (in my opinion) with my favourite Taylor Swift song of all time "Breathe" off of her second album "Fearless".

Listening to this song is a pleasure, it's one of those songs that you just associate with a mood. For me, that mood is mystery. Whenever I listen to this song I think about all of life's directions and possibilities. I think that songs like these (thought provoking ones) are the best, as they enable you to leave the real world for a few moments and submerge yourself in your imagination completely.

I do think that The Civil War's involvement in the song was slightly pointless, but it worked well and when they performed it live they obviously had a great relationship with each other and the guitarist definitely added an ambience to the song. To conclude this blog post, I think that Taylor did an excellent job at creating a new sound for herself and I certainly hope she pursues it in her next album if only with one more song. I don't think that this song will be particularly commercially successful, but will be a definite fan favourite.

Please leave comments/follow me if you want me to continue writing this blog! I want to hear from YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I think that if anyone's ever read the Hunger Games that this song is just PERFECT for it. It sets the mood just right and is a really beautiful song in my opinion. Great post! Follow back? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree! the song is PERFECT for it :DD it's pretty amazing (: yes i will when i'm on my computer! xo

      Delete